Saturday, May 12, 2012

Something That Hasn't Been Commercialized.

While waiting in line to buy flowers for Mother's Day (I know, cliche, isn't it?), boyfriend mentioned, "Flowers used to be free, then somebody commercialized them."

Then, I tried thinking of something that hasn't been packaged and sold. Water? Dirt? Heck, somebody even thought to package and sell rocks, one at a time, in the form of a pet rock. "The guy made a million dollars!"

Honestly, if I set my mind to it, I can make a pretty damn good looking bouquet from flowers growing the the park. I've done it before. You just have to be willing to use those so-called weeds.

By the way, why are dandelions weeds? Not only are they a gorgeous color, but you can eat them. Why are we trying to kill them all the time? If anything, they're prettier than the grass we try so hard to make look perfect.

Also, what's up with Homeowner's Associations? You know, speaking of lawns and all that. But yeah, I honestly don't understand them half of the time - it seems like you're paying fees, for what? For people to send out letters telling you your lawn looks terrible (because there's been a drought, duh!). I know, I know, they keep property values up, or something, or they keep your neighborhood from looking like the projects. Or something. Is it obvious I'm not a homeowner?

Also, in case I haven't said it: Happy Mother's Day, everybody! Especially to mothers. Thanks for giving birth to the rest of the world!

1 comment:

  1. I was going to say, "Hey LOVE hasn't been commercialized!" As we all wait in long lines to find the perfect card. True, then. Everything has been commercialized. Except for blood. Has that been commercialized? Maybe if I looked on eBay. I just would rather not.

    ReplyDelete