Sunday, March 25, 2012

February Sales Records

Obviously, February's Sales Records came out ten days ago, so I'm a bit slow on the uptake. But this is something I've been meaning to do, and may do every month. Why? Because I like sharing.

tl;dr - February was much slower than January, especially in the UK, probably because free promotions just aren't as effective as before.


Now, without further ado...

Amazon US Sales

  • Family History: Part 1:  4 Units Sold at 70% Royalty: $8.16
  • Family History: Part 2: 1 Unit Sold at 35% Royalty: $1.40
  • The Dowry: 5 Units Sold at 70% Royalty: $10.25
Total Amazon US Sales: $19.81

Amazon UK Sales
  • Family History: Part 1: 1 Unit sold at 70% Royalty:   £1.16 (~$1.84)
Total Amazon UK Sales: $1.84

The UK trend is troubling, because I haven't had a single sale in the UK since the week of February 11th, and even when I offered my entire library (minus The Night Life: Chapter 1) for free, each book only got twenty-something downloads. In January though, I did relatively well in the UK. So, what's going on? (Because I honestly have no idea).

Without giving away too much, things are better this month (though not substantially). A freak KDP Select Promotion Bug actually worked in my favor, so I'm doing about as well as I did in January. Other than that, though, there's not much else to report. So, I hope y'all enjoy, and I'll probably doing this again in a few weeks come March. Have a lovely Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment