Now, for some actual statistics...
Total Amount Earned in Amazon US: $29.30
Total Amount Earned in Amazon UK: £9.94 (~ $15.58)
Total Earned in January 2012: ~$44.88
Many of you are probably thinking, "That's not very much at all!" But again, keep in mind that these numbers represent totals from less than a month of publication. Additionally, it is worth noting that, at the moment, I am exclusively published on Amazon. I'm not planning on continuing this exclusivity deal, though that is another post for another time.
Now, allow me to do a quick-and-dirty breakdown by title.
Family History: Part 1; US
- 5 Units Sold at 70% Royalty: $13.00
- 1 Unit Borrowed: $1.60
- 331 Units Downloaded Free
Family History: Part 1; UK
- 4 Units Sold at 70% Royalty: £7.04 (~$11.04)
- 88 Units Downloaded Free
The Dowry; US
- 11 Units Sold at 70% Royalty; 4 Units Returned: $14.35
- 867 Units Downloaded Free
The Dowry; UK
- 2 Units Sold at 70% Royalty: £2.64 (~$4.14)
- 111 Units Downloaded Free
Family History: Part 2; US
- 188 Units Downloaded Free
Family History: Part 2; UK
- 47 Units Downloaded Free
The Night Life: Chapter 1; US
- 1 Unit Sold at 35% Royalty: $0.35
- 138 Units Downloaded Free
The Night Life: Chapter 1; UK
- 2 Units Sold at 35% Royalty; 1 Unit Returned: £0.26 (~$0.40)
- 33 Units Downloaded Free
Granted, it must be noted that KDP sent out a mass email tonight about sales reports not all being correct. From what I understand, the amount of money I earned this month should be correct, though I do believe there might be a few free downloads missing. However, for those who are in the loop who are thinking, "So why is it that YOUR sales reports are correct?", I figured I might as well throw in this little addendum to calm your nerves.
What I'm Expecting
- I honestly think the fact that I got any sales at all this month was somewhat of a fluke. I'm not expecting these numbers again, at least not for awhile.
- However, since I have recently received two reviews for Family History: Part 1, I am hoping that I somehow see a jump in sales because of this.
- In terms of sales, I'm expecting to maybe average around $20 total, between the US and UK, per month. Maybe. (Like I said, I strongly believe that this prior month was merely a fluke.)
What I'm Hoping For...
- Most Importantly: I'm hoping to have The Night Life up for sale sometime around August.
- I would be tickled if it became my best-selling novel. Of all of them, I believe this one deserves it the most.
- Money-Wise: I want to earn enough money from my writing that I can order a load of $100 bills, just so that I can fill a large room with said money and throw money all over myself while screaming, "I'm rich! I'm riiiich!" Realistically of course, I don't ever see this happening. :)