Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Twitter Experiment, Part 7: Now I'm Getting Bored...

The sad part is, it didn't take long: I'm growing increasingly bored of Twitter.

It feels like work now, and it's at the point where I can't even come to my blog and make fun of it. It's all so overdone. Yes, it's one large advertisement. Yes, the things that trend are often so stupid that I feel like I'm hanging around the Guidos of Jersey Shore. Yes, there's that one author who's constantly promoting his one book.

Maybe I'm just not following the right people. Maybe I just need to remove all authors from my list - it might get better that way, I don't know. Honestly though, as of now, the best "person" I follow is Real Time WWII Tweets - a few of which I've retweeted.

Then again, I'm surprised I was using it as much as I did. Honestly, I think it was the novelty - another new website to visit, one I was checking every day. I still have been checking Twitter every day, actually, but definitely not as often as I was. And now it's become more of a ritual of browsing the first 5-10 tweets before returning to Reddit or elsewhere.

Of course, many sites that I checked religiously a year ago have been nearly forgotten by now. This time last year, I checked F My Life every single day. After finding Reddit, though, it seems mostly unfunny. I actually had a plethora of similar sites similar to that one that I checked daily, though I honestly don't remember most of them anymore: most of the same content was just as easily found on Reddit.

Will Twitter end up with a fate similar to that of F My Life? Honestly, that's probably exactly what's going to happen, and frankly, I'm not too broken up about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment