Friday, February 3, 2012

Obscurity at Best

I started this post at about 9:00 am this morning, because after checking out my data for my free promo of Family History: Part 2 and seeing that I couldn't even give it away, I fell into some kind of depression. The kind where you realize you mean pretty much nothing to this world, especially as an author, and wonder if you'll ever gain any kind of traction in this competitive world.

However, I seem to have sold 3 copies of The Dowry today; 2 in the UK and 1 in the US, though I'm not really sure why. It's honestly not that good of a story.

I think, though, that the only real reason that The Dowry is doing so well, is because it's a standalone book, and it is not obviously labeled CHAPTER ONE (like my preview of The Night Life). People see "Part 2" on Family History and think, "Oh dear good golly gosh, I would have no idea what goes on!" But, the thing is, you would. The ending would make more sense if you read Part 1, but other than that, you would be perfectly in the clear. Read the descriptions, people.

This does make me wonder how "The Night Life" will do, since it is it's own standalone story. I hope it does rather well when it comes out, actually, because it really is a beautiful story. I'm so confident, in fact, that I'm going to blackmail my graphic artist friend into making me a real cover, because he owes me money anyways. It seems there's a reason I never bugged him too much about it, even though it was a somewhat substantial amount (for me).

That's all I have tonight, folks, unless you're interested in more drawings of Twitter using MS Paint. I haven't actually done any of those, though, so even that would be problematic at best for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment